Last Revised: 04/24/2020
This Statement describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the REGAIN website available at: regenerativeaginnovation.net (“the Website”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the terms of this Statement. This Statement may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Statement”). Your continued use of the website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Statement periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
You can always view the Website without providing any information. To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this Statement.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- zip code;
- birthdate (for age verification);
- organizational information;
- responses to on-boarding questions; and
- comments or messages shared on REGAIN.
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- send direct message to other users or groups;
- request information or otherwise communicate with us;
- suggest or contribute uploaded content (including photos); or
- subscribe to our emails or newsletters.
REGAIN will ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you.
Information you post to REGAIN (personal profile, newsfeed, discussion groups, opportunity boards, events calendar, and any other forum) may be used for Winrock communication efforts. Remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, which may be used by other parties without your consent. Always exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information in public forums. We cannot be responsible for the privacy of any Personal Information posted by you in public forums. Do not use your full name as your username when you post information in public forums on the Website if you do not want your full name to be publicly available.
REGAIN administrators have access to your direct messages, but do not monitor direct messages beyond solving technical problems or addressing violations of REGAIN’s community guidelines as requested. Direct message information may not be used by Winrock and is not public information. However, direct messages can be shared by recipients. Always exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information in direct messages. We cannot be responsible for the privacy of any Personal Information shared by you in direct messages.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
(a) Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both:
- session cookies, which do not stay on your computer after you close your browser, and
- persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your preferences, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our site, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
(b) Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our websites. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
(c) Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
(d) Third Party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our websites and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third party websites.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Other than as disclosed in this Statement, the Website does not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested. If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters or Website content notifications, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed to the service. Any transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided. Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Statement. Winrock will delete all Personal Information and discontinue all further contact with any person who submits a request by contacting Winrock as described below.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions associated with your individual profile page, or contact us directly for assistance.
Information of Minors
We do not actively seek to gather information from individuals under the age of eighteen. We do not target the Website to minors, and would not expect them to be engaging with our websites or services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you the information and services that you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Preventing malicious activity and provide you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing communications and new content that are effective and optimized for you.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you, or to thank you for your support or donation.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your information to any third party. We may disclose your Personal Information to our trusted third-party business partners in accordance with this Statement. We work with a few partners that help us process your requests, deliver customer service and support, send email marketing communications, and provide experiences that you have come to expect from us. We will share your information with these third parties in order to fulfill the service that they provide to us. These third-party partners are under contract to keep your information secure and not to use it for any reason other than to fulfill the service we have requested from them.
California Residents. We will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Except as described in this Statement, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of the Company or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of the Company’s employees.
Third Party Websites
For Website Visitors Outside the United States
Visitors to our websites may be located outside of the United States. To provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States, which may not have the same privacy and security laws as your country. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored or processed by Winrock, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Statement.
For Website Visitors in the European Union (“EU”)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, or “GDPR”), individuals in the EU are afforded specific rights with respect to their Personal Information, or “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. For the purposes of this Statement, the Company operates as a data controller. Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the United States and under the terms of this Statement.
Any personal data we collect from you is processed in the legitimate interest of our business and providing our services to you as the lawful means of such processing. You may always withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data as described below. We will only retain your personal data for the time necessary to provide you the information and services to which you have consented, to comply with the law and in accordance with your rights below.
You can exercise any of the following rights by notifying us as described below:
- Access. You may email us at email@example.com to request a copy of the personal data our Website databases currently contain.
- Correction or Rectification. You can correct what personal data our Website database currently contains by accessing your account directly, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we correct or rectify any personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause information to be incorrect. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Restrict Processing. When applicable, you may restrict the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. In your email, please explain how you wish us to restrict processing of your personal data. When such restrictions are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Statement, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Object to Processing. When applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by submitting a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such objections are not possible, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Statement, to include withdrawing your consent to the processing of your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your personal data. You may submit a request via email to email@example.com. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Statement, to include withdrawing your consent. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with any trusted third parties.
- Withdraw Consent. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data through this Website by notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the same email address associated with your Website account, simply type the words “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the subject line of your email. Upon receipt of such a withdrawal of consent, we will confirm receipt and proceed to stop processing your personal data. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Erasure. If you should wish to cease use of our Website and have your personal data deleted from our Website, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such a request for erasure, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your personal data has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Submit Complaints or Questions. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us as described below. If you reside in a European Union member state, you may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country.
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We take reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any online credentials used to access your Personal Information, such as a username and password. If you believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password. Please also notify us of any unauthorized use.
Changes to this Statement
If we make any changes to this Statement, a revised Statement will be posted on this webpage and the date of the change will be reported in the “Last Revised” block above. You can get to this page from the Website by clicking on the “Privacy Statement” link (usually at the bottom of the screen).
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. Please advise us of any concerns, suggestions or complaints by contacting Winrock at:
Privacy Officer, Wallace Center
Winrock International, 2101 Riverfront Drive, Little Rock, AR 72202